WHY CUSTOMERS CAN LOSE ACCESS TO REPAIRMAN
Effective Date: May 1, 2017
This policy helps explain the kinds of behavior that may lead customers to lose access to Repairman.
Ensuring a respectful, safe environment for all customers and service providers
The way you behave while using Repairman can have a big impact on the safety and comfort of service providers. Courtesy matters. That’s why you are expected to exercise good judgment and behave decently towards service providers while using Repairman.
Here are some reasons why you could lose access to Repairman as a customer:
- Damaging service provider’s property.For example, breaking or vandalizing or otherwise damaging service provider equipment, or intentionally spilling hazardous materials.
- Physical contact with the service provider.As our Community Guidelines make clear, there should not be touching or flirting between consumers and service providers while using Repairman. As a reminder, Repairman has a no sex rule. That’s no sexual conduct between service providers and customers, no matter what. In addition, you should never hit or otherwise hurt a service provider.
- Use of inappropriate and abusive language or gestures.For example, asking overly personal questions, using verbal threats, and making comments or gestures that are aggressive, sexual, discriminatory, or disrespectful.
- Unwanted contact with the service provider after the job is complete.For example, texting, calling, or visiting someone in person after a job has been completed. Remember, you can call and text your service provider directly from the Repairman app without ever having to share your personal phone number. This means that your phone number stays anonymous and is never given to the service provider.
- Breaking the local law while using Repairman.For example, asking service providers to break local laws or building codes; or using Repairman to commit a crime, including drug and human trafficking or the sexual exploitation of children.
If we are made aware of these kinds of problematic behavior, we will contact you so we can investigate them. Depending on the nature of the concern, we may put a hold on your account during our investigation. If the issues raised are serious or a repeat offence or you refuse to cooperate, you may lose access to Repairman. Any behavior involving violence, sexual misconduct, harassment, discrimination, or illegal activity while using Repairman can result in the immediate loss of access to your account.
Repairman has a zero tolerance policy towards discrimination of any kind. This means you will lose access to your account if you are found to have discriminated against service providers based on their race, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender identity, age or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Fraud or Illegitimate Behavior
Fraudulent or illegitimate behavior undermines the trust on which Repairman is built. We may deactivate any account(s) associated with this type of activity, including: abusing promotions; collusion between customer and service provider; disputing service charges for fraudulent or illegitimate reasons; or duplicate accounts.
Repairman prohibits service providers from carrying firearms while using our app. You can learn more about our firearms prohibition policy here. If you violate Repairman’s firearms prohibition policy, you may lose access to Repairman.