Repairman Candidate Privacy Statement
Effective Date: May 1, 2017
Repairman collects personal information about you when you or third-parties acting on your behalf apply or search for a position with Repairman, including via Repairman’s Careers page (“Candidate Information”). Repairman and any other Repairman entity are referred to herein collectively as “Repairman” or the “Company”.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who submit Candidate Information through Repairman’s Careers page, or whose information is otherwise provided to or is collected by Repairman in connection with an application or search for a position with Repairman. This includes information submitted by you or on your behalf by a third-party.
This Statement does not apply to information we collect from or about (1) persons (e.g., service providers) who use our app or other services (“Services”) to request home service, including repair service, delivery, or other on-demand services (“Users”); or (2) service providers, partner service provider or repair companies, or any other persons who use the Repairman platform under license (collectively “Service Providers”). If you interact with the Services as either or both a User and a Service Provider, the respective privacy statements for Users and Service Providers apply to your different interactions.
Collection of Information
The Candidate Information that Repairman may collect includes:
- first and last name.
- contact information, including address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information.
- application documents, including resume or CV, cover letter, transcripts, and other statements of experience and education.
- type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences.
- how you heard about the position.
- sensitive information (race/ethnic origin), if you voluntarily submit such information as part of the applications process.
- names and contact information for referrals.
- names of contact information of references (it being solely your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information).
- any other personal information that you provide during the job search, application or interview process with Repairman, including skills assessments, additional information regarding your work or educational experiences, and information that may be required to perform a background check such as driver’s license or other government-issued identification number.
Use of Information
Repairman may use Candidate Information for purposes including, but not limited to:
- evaluating and verifying your education, skills, experiences and other qualifications interests in connection with employee positions with Repairman.
- communicating with you regarding the interview process, and informing you of career opportunities.
- creating and submitting reports as required by law or regulation.
- improving our recruitment process, including by generating analytics using Candidate Information.
If you accept employment with Repairman, the Candidate Information will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
In addition, Repairman may use the Candidate Information to perform a background check if you are offered a position with Repairman. If Repairman determines that it cannot hire you as a result of information discovered during that background check, we will notify you of such determination. We will also provide you with a copy of your criminal background check, and information regarding the process for correcting the information in such check.
Sharing of Information
We may share your Candidate Information:
- With Repairman subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Repairman or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We may transfer the Candidate Information to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your Candidate Information in accordance with this Statement.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
By submitting your Candidate Information to Repairman, you consent to the collection and use of your Candidate Information as described in this Statement. Submitting your Candidate Information is voluntary. However, Repairman may not be able to consider you for an available position if you do not voluntarily provide the necessary Candidate Information.
Repairman will ask for your consent before we obtain additional information from third party agencies, and will, where required by law, notify you of the information received from those third parties.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Repairman does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Cookies and Advertising
Please refer to our Cookie Statement for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. We will post any changes to the Policy on this page. Each version of the Policy is identified at the top of the page by its effective date. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at privacy@RepairmanServices.com, or write us at Repairman Inc., Attn: Legal-Privacy,558 Castle Pines Parkway, Suite B4-305, Castle Pines, CO 80108.